Hansen P4 Multistage - Vertical
Dedicated Gearbox series to measure all vertical applications
- Specific vertical housing - available in 20 sizes from 3 to 1100 kNm output torque.
- Increased bearing span for robustness against high overhung loads.
- Mounting feet symmetric around low speed shaft to evenly distribute loads.
- Service friendly with split plane and maintenance-free sealing system.
- Powerful Hansen P4 gear geometry for low noise and vibration levels.
- Designed for heavy-duty applications: Cooling towers, Mixers, Toasters, Pulpers and more.
|Number of Sizes||20|
|Housing type||Specific housings for vertical applications (split-plane)|
|Gears||Helical and Bevel helical (in accordance with AGMA)|
|Stages||2, 3 or 4 stage|
|Reduction Ratios||3.55:1 to 630:1 and special ratio's upon request|
|Nominal output torque||from 3 to 1100 kNm|
|Input speed||up to 1800 rpm|
|Shaft type||Solid or hollow low speed shaft|
Key Product Facts
Advantages of Hansen P4 Vertical Series
Extreme High Overhung Loads
- Rigid dedicated Hansen P4 housing design to ensure smooth transition of high forces from the centre bore to the mounting feet, which are positioned concentric to the low speed shaft.
- Possibility for extended bearing housing integrated in the housing casting and a wide range of robust bearing arrangements provides extremely high thrust load and bending moment capacity.
The standard integrated drywell prevents oil from leaking along the low speed shaft at any circumstances.
What are backstops?
Backstops are safety devices and have to be inspected at regular time intervals. The periodical inspection is to be carried out by authorized personnel. The frequency of the inspection depends on the type of application. Please refer to the P4 service manual for recommended inspection intervals
Clone of How often do I change the oil?
The first oil change should be carried out preferably after 100 hours and not more than 800 hours of operation. The removed oil may be used again after filtering. Filter the oil volume at least 10 times using a 10mm filter or smaller. Subsequently the oil should be renewed after 4000 to 8000 hours or maximum of 18 months of operation depending on working conditions. Please refer to service manual for detailed oil change instructions.
What type of lubrication method does the P4 use?
Hansen P4 units use one of the following systems:
- Splash Lubrication (standard with horizontal shaft gear units for speeds between 750 and 1800RPM at the high speed shaft. Gears and output shaft bearings are lubricated by immersion in the oil bath. Oil splash from gears fill the oil pockets in the housing, assuring gravity circulation lubrication of the bearings via channels in the housing and covers.)
- Force Feed Lubrication (all rotating elements above oil bath level are lubricated by a gear pump forcing the oil through pressure lines. Forced feed lubrication is available as circulation lubrication or pressure lubrication.